httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: Event MPM: Spinning on cleanups?
Date Sat, 31 Dec 2005 02:48:42 GMT
On Dec 30, 2005, at 5:51 PM, Brian Pane wrote:

> I haven't been able to find the bug yet.  As a next step, I'll try
> using
> valgrind on a build with pool debugging enabled.

On entry to allocator_free, if

    (node == node->next && node->index > current_free_index)

is true, then the do { } while ((node = next) != NULL);
will go into an infinite loop.  This is because

         if (max_free_index != APR_ALLOCATOR_MAX_FREE_UNLIMITED
             && index > current_free_index) {
             node->next = freelist;
             freelist = node;
         }

does not update current_free_index.  I don't know if that is the
problem, but it may be the symptom.

....Roy