httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <>
Subject Re: A mod_mbox release ?
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2005 04:06:54 GMT

Maxime, folks,

On Dec 11, 2005, at 4:45 PM, Maxime Petazzoni wrote:

> I'm not yet used to release management (even for a small module like
> mod_mbox), so I'll be very pleased to get some feedback, comments and
> pointers if we decide to make a 0.2 release for mod_mbox !

Good idea: releasing the code in packaged form should encourage its use.

The main aspect of Release Management is (all IMHO of course) making
an informed judgement of whether the current code base is "good
enough" to release. This includes data points like:

* It's been running on with fewer than X
cores (with X tending to 0)
* It can be built against httpd release 2.{0,2}.y without
modifications to either httpd, mod_mbox source code or build files
* There is documentation that allows a user (as opposed to the person
who wrote the code) to install it and get started serving mail archives
* There are Z number of open bugs in Bugzilla against the module and
T of those need to be fixed before we can release, while U of them
can be waived

Based on that information we can decide to release and make an

S. (and why 0.2, why not 1.0? What are the criteria for 1.0?)

- --

Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (Darwin)

View raw message