httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Pane <bri...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Event MPM: Spinning on cleanups?
Date Sat, 31 Dec 2005 21:16:07 GMT
On Dec 31, 2005, at 3:01 AM, Paul Querna wrote:

> I haven't been able to reproduce this since reporting it, and I am
> still running the Event MPM, but I did recently upgrade from
> FreeBSD 5.4 -> 6.0... If its a rare race condition, that might be
> enough to hide it.

The bucket allocator cleanup problem might have been a contributing
factor.
Here's the patch I checked in to the trunk late yesterday:

The async write logic may have increased the probability of buckets
remaining in brigades in the connection pool after the last request has
been processed on that connection (e.g., if a client drops the
connection
before the response is completely sent).  That would be enough to
trigger the "freeing buckets allocated from an allocator that has
already been destroyed" situation.

Brian