httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: AW: AW: 2.2 mod_http_proxy and "partial" pages
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2005 16:28:53 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 10:12:57PM +0100, Ruediger Pluem wrote:
>
>>I think we have to simulate to the client what happened to us on the backend:
>>A broken connection.
>

> I mostly agree.
>
> However, Roy's veto is predicated on us not doing anything that would cause
> a hypothetical (*duck*) Waka protocol filter from having the underlying
> connection closed.  The point Roy's made is that Waka will have a 'response
> abort' indicator.  HTTP/1.1 doesn't - therefore, we should abort the
> connection for HTTP/1.1.
>
> So, to respect that -1, we need to keep that in mind that we only force the
> dropped connection somehow within the HTTP/1.1 logic.  Or, have a clear
> path for a Waka filter chain to not drop the connection - by seeing the
> error bucket and morphing it into a Waka 'response abort' bucket.  -- justin

If we teach the HTTP/1.0 - 1.1 T-E filter to not send the 0 bucket if it sees
the error bucket, and the HTTP/0.9 - 1.1 protocol filter to close the
connection if it sees the error bucket and close the connection, then it should
be trivial to have the waka protocol filter just keep it open flagging the
last request incomplete, no?  So /me concurs with your assessment.

Bill