httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r355823 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/proxy: mod_proxy.c mod_proxy.h mod_proxy_http.c
Date Sun, 11 Dec 2005 02:03:29 GMT

On 12/11/2005 02:49 AM, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> On Dec 10, 2005, at 5:30 PM, Ruediger Pluem wrote:
>
>> But with your approach you need to double the code in *each* scheme
>> handler.
>

> mod_mem_cache doesn't look like it works right now.  I haven't looked
> at the other schemes yet.

I was talking about the proxy scheme handlers :-).
mod_proxy_ajp currently has the same problem that we are trying to fix in
mod_proxy_http

[..cut..]

> Ideally it would be in APR, but that runs into version problems.  Since
> it is a general streams issue, I would put the function in httpd.h, but

And where do you want to put the code? Or do you want to make it a macro?

> right now I just want to know if it works at all (since I have no way
> of testing it).

I hope Brian can step in and test it. Meanwhile I will have a look, if
I can do a test. For ease of testing: Could you please resent the mail
with the patch as attachment?

BTW: Where is the extension of the request_rec structure?
And isn't it a problem to change this structure in a stable branch, if
we want to backport this fix?

Regards

RĂ¼diger