httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r355823 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/proxy: mod_proxy.c mod_proxy.h mod_proxy_http.c
Date Sun, 11 Dec 2005 01:38:54 GMT

On 12/11/2005 02:02 AM, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 10, 2005 at 04:51:22PM -0800, Roy Fielding wrote:
>

>>As it turns out, we also have a request_rec->no_cache variable that
>>is supposed to be set in this case.  I am curious whether the following
>>patch will work (after reverting r355823).

Reverted in the meantime.

> That will get mod_cache not to pick up on it, right.  However, it won't
> force the connection to close.  Or, give anything a chance to close it: be
> it HTTP/1.1 or Waka.  =)  -- justin

What if we set c->keepalive to AP_CONN_CLOSE?
I think mod_disk_cache should do the right thing with Roy's patch. The only
thing that bugs me is that this check is done in mod_disk_cache and not
in mod_cache. But this is independant from Roy's patch.
I guess only the store_body function of the provider "knows" what things
need to be done in this situation for this provider. So currently I see no
chance to handle this generically in mod_cache :/.

Regards

RĂ¼diger