httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Collyer <scoll...@netspinner.co.uk>
Subject Re: Problem building httpd 2.0.55 with openssl 0.9.8a [FIXED but ...]
Date Sat, 10 Dec 2005 14:48:05 GMT
Stephen Collyer wrote:
> William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>
>> Stephen Collyer wrote:
>>

>>> OK, I've found the problem and hacked a fix for it:
>>>
> [deleted]
>

>> Did you run make install and point --with-ssl= at the install target,
>> rather than a source build?

I now understand what you mean here: did I do a "make install"
of OpenSSL ? The answer is no, and this is what was screwing it
up. All is well if OpenSSL is not only built, but installed.
I didn't realise that the "make install" changed the dir structure,
and I though I could get away with just a "make".

One caveat though - OpenSSL has to be configured with the shared
argument e.g.

> ./config --prefix=/home/stephen/apache/openssl shared

to ensure that the shared libs are built; the httpd 2.0.55
build fails otherwise.

Thanks to Joe Orton for pointing out my error.

(BTW, are problems in building Apache supposed to go this
this list or the user list ?)

--
Regards

Stephen Collyer