httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brandon Fosdick <b...@bfoz.net>
Subject Re: AP_INIT_TAKE1 in 2.2 and C++
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2005 23:42:39 GMT
Phil Endecott wrote:
> # define AP_INIT_TAKE1(directive, func, mconfig, where, help) \
>     { directive, { .take1=func }, mconfig, where, TAKE1, help }
>
> That "{.take1=func}" syntax was a new one on me.  A quick test suggests
> that it is legal in C but not in C++, and I compile my module with g++.

I've had problems with that very same block of code. Also, in 2.0.55 it won't compile in C
on a Sempron box. I have no idea why using a Sempron would make a difference, but it's the
only box I have where it fails. My work-a-round is to delete the whacky code from the source
and recompile. Everything works fine after that.

FWIW, I've never seen that syntax before either.