httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: What do you want in HTTPD 2.4/3.0/X/GREEN?
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2005 02:50:03 GMT
Paul Querna wrote:
> My intention is for this to be a wide open brainstorming thread.
>
> I expect that we will be able to discuss several ideas in much more
> detail at the Hackathon next week, but I really want to get all ideas
> 'on the table'.

Here's my list. Or at least, the partial list that comes to mind right now.

Virtual Hosts: Make them less fragile, and simpler. It's just too easy
to get vhosts wrong, and it's too hard to do dynamic vhosts. I would
love for dynamic vhosts to be simple enough that nobody would ever be
tempted to do it with mod_rewrite ever again. mod_vhost_alias does about
10% of what folks actually want.

Configuration file: Something along the lines of mod_macro built in.
Ability to set variables and use those variables in the configuration. A
simple and usable if/else syntax.

Perchild or similar.

--
Rich Bowen