httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: Authz refactoring discussion
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2005 01:51:40 GMT

Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> --On December 6, 2005 11:04:13 AM -0700 Brad Nicholes
> <BNICHOLES@novell.com> wrote:
>
>> Good, then I am +1 on the authz providers only returning AUTHZ_GRANTED
>> or AUTHZ_DENIED.  I don't see a need for anything else.
>

> FWIW, I do see a case for returning 'uh-oh, an error occurred'.

I'm planning on reviewing the rest next weekish, as I've written a few auth
provider hooks and I'm interested in seeing what happens to them with all of
this.  but here I'll agree - an error condition is nice to have.
additonally, though, chaining providers together with DECLINED conditions is
really useful.  I haven't looked closely enough to see whether this can be
accomodated, but it's nice to have and returning DENIED isn't intuitive in
this case.

fwiw

--Geoff