httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 2.2 mod_http_proxy and "partial" pages
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2005 01:00:19 GMT

On 12/07/2005 01:32 AM, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

[..cut..]

> The patches to mod_proxy_http we identified here on list do indeed work
> and are in as r354628.

Sorry for stepping in that late into the discussion, but wouldn't it be better
to fix that after the return from proxy_run_scheme_handler in mod_proxy?
I fear that mod_proxy_ajp is affected by the same problem that is now fixed in
mod_proxy_http. This means we put the burden of handling this in a unified way
on each proxy backend module. How about letting the schema_handler simply return
a specific value (DONE or whatever) to signal that the backend broke in the
middle of sending the response and let mod_proxy handle the dirty work.
Question: What about sending an error bucket through the filter chain in
case the backend breaks in the middle of the response
(yes, I know currently too few filters handle this including mod_disk_cache)?

Regards

RĂ¼diger

[..cut..]