httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <>
Subject OpenSSL Patents?
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2005 22:26:15 GMT
Looking at 0.9.8(a) for the official httpd 2.2.0 binary distribution,
this includes these (major) new features;

   Addition of BIGNUM functions for fields GF(2^m) and NIST
   curves, to support the Elliptic Crypto functions.

   Major work on Elliptic Crypto; ECDH and ECDSA added, including
   the use through EVP, X509 and ENGINE.

The list of patented methods (therefore not built by the ASF for distribution)
remains the same listing RC5, MDC2 and IDEA in the README.  But I'm wondering
if any of these new Crypto features are known to be protected by patent.

Please clarify so I can update our building for win32 document and package
the correct binaries for US+International distribution.

View raw message