httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <>
Subject Re: Content-Length or Transfer-Encoding on HEAD responses
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2005 18:09:18 GMT
Roy T. Fielding wrote:

>> But the only way we know we will send the same T-E and C-L values  is to
>> determine the C-L as a result of piping the results through the output
>> filters to the network stack.  Your patch suggests we should ignore  that
>> potential issue.
> That is completely irrelevant to forwarding a HEAD response.

So any proxied content that is filtered (modified) may vary in C-L from
the original HEAD response, is this correct?

If so, +1 to Joe's patch.

I rescind my veto in -either- case, now that he's pointed out that the
place we had unset the C-L was improper, as this wasn't one of our C-L
plus T-E chops of the C-L.  It was, definately, out of place.

Although please don't interrupt the if (  ...  ) clause w/ the comment :)
That style is harder to follow.

View raw message