httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Akins <bak...@web.turner.com>
Subject Re: 2.2 mod_http_proxy and "partial" pages
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2005 16:50:09 GMT
Brian Akins wrote:

>  From the best I can tell, the issue is in the proxy code.  When a
> response gets "truncated" for whatever reason, it doesn't pass an error
> along, so the filters never know that "something bad" happened.

 From mod_proxy_http.c

in the function ap_proxy_http_process_response:

    /* try send what we read */
                     if (ap_pass_brigade(r->output_filters, bb) !=
APR_SUCCESS
                         || c->aborted) {
                         /* Ack! Phbtt! Die! User aborted! */
                         backend->close = 1;  /* this causes socket
close below */
                         finish = TRUE;
                     }

It seems this will allow a "partial" response to be passed down the
filter chain with nothing noting that it was an error condition.  This
exact situation seems to be what I am seeing.

Also, we are still using AP_SERVER_BASEVERSION rather than
ap_get_server_version() for Via.

--
Brian Akins
Lead Systems Engineer