httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Akins <bak...@web.turner.com>
Subject Re: Making MPMs DSOs
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2005 15:01:43 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:

> Big +1 here... while working on the proxy balancer stuff,
> having better scoreboard interaction has been an obvious
> aspect that could be better and more useful.

I also in some of my own modules I am always saying "I wish I could put
this in the scoreboard" but end up having to do my own shared memory
stuff.  Maybe we need a generic interface so that modules (mpm included)
could add stuff to scoreboard and interact with it.

To take it a step further, I would like to see scoreboard broken out as
well (mod_scoreboard.so).  The scoreboard interface could probably just
be a provider based one with a few functions.  Imagine if I came up with
a super sexy and obscenely faster way to do the scoreboard, I could just
drop it in place.

In my eyes, the true "core" should do very little, but be very extendable.

--
Brian Akins
Lead Systems Engineer