httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Akins <bak...@web.turner.com>
Subject Re: What do you want in HTTPD 2.4/3.0/X/GREEN?
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2005 14:55:01 GMT

> if it was possible, to add some statistics to the
> mod_cache, to measure the size of the cache, how well
> it is being used, as squid has its own

What I did in my "private fork" was to have stats and storage providers.
  A cache stat provider provides only a single function:

apr_status_t (*update_stats)(request_rec *r, int status);

where status is a "cache code."  I had several codes, but just 1 = hit
and 0 = miss may be good enough.

A cache storage basicall has a function that gets called after the
object is stored.  Mine is specific to disk (as I scrapped mem in mine):

typedef struct {
     const char *key;
     const char *meta;
     const char *data;
     apr_size_t meta_size;
     apr_size_t data_size;
} cache_store_t;

apr_status_t (*post_store)(request_rec *r, url_cache_store_t

Then one could store storage stats in mysql, sqlite, db, whatever.

Both used mod_status optional hook to report stats.

--
Brian Akins
Lead Systems Engineer