httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Akins <bak...@web.turner.com>
Subject 2.2 mod_http_proxy and "partial" pages
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2005 14:29:42 GMT
I have a serious issue.  It seems that if something happens during a
proxy request after mod_http_proxy starts reading from the backend
server, no error is reported. (IE, see what happens when ap_pass_brigade
  returns non success).  The problem is that this "partial page" may be
cached because r->status is a cacheable code, but the response is
actually "broken."  The result is that the broken version may be cached
and served again and again.

Should we break RFC (maybe) and change r->status to 503 (for example) so
cache can check letter.

Note: this is using our internal mod_cache, but looks like the issue
would be the same in stock mod_cache.

--
Brian Akins
Lead Systems Engineer