httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Apache 2.2.0 Win64
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 20:29:17 GMT
Colm MacCarthaigh wrote:

> It got reverted in trunk though, it broke VS 2005 on me at least and
> the "NMAKE" string doesn't really make sense any more ($MAKE seems
> to evaluate to a filesystem path for me now).

Rather than revert without discussion, how about posting the exact error,
the contents of $MAKE, and a proposed fix.

Just because you are playing with the latest tools, doesn't mean the
typical user isn't building with a real make.

I'm betting that VS2005 non-make make gives us some extra info, somewhere
that we can skip this section entirely when we know it's "MS Flavored".
Just need to figure out the $(envvar) to peek at.

Bill