httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Directions for Win32 binary httpd
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2005 18:31:02 GMT
Steffen wrote:
>> From a build standpoint I agree.
>
> But VC++ 2005 has improvements in Performance, MemoryManagement etc.
> The optimizer seems  to improve the performance quite significantly.
>
> Contrary to what Microsoft would like, you can built the server with the
> needed DLLs statically so there is nothing to ship and nothing to install.
> The Sambar Server( www.sambar.com ) uses this approach.

Steffan, you aren't considering the structure of httpd(!)  Loading three
dozen modules and several libraries, each with embedded Clib functions is
quite sub-optimal ;-)  For a monolithic program, I agree with your assessment.

Of course, feel free to build under VC 2005 (freely for the next year!).
We are talking about maximum flexibility for distribution purposes, only.

Bill