httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: fcgi
Date Fri, 30 Dec 2005 01:13:07 GMT
Paul Querna wrote:

> Jim Jagielski wrote:
> > Personally, I think it would be cool to fold the fcgi branch
> > into httpd-trunk. I have some cycles coming up and it would
> > be cool to get that puppy "official" for trunk and maybe
> > even 2.2
>
> I would prefer to keep it in a development branch for at least until TCP
> support is good.
>
> Maybe the place to merge is before work is done on local/Process
> management.  That would mean a minimal feature set to work with remote
> FCGI processes.
>
> Right now, we have problems beyond the most basic hello world.  I think
> this is jumping the gun just a little bit.

I'm just thinking that having it in trunk would make it easier
for others to test/use/play/fix. For something as self-contained
as fcgi, a branch just seems almost counterproductive,
that's all :)

> As for backport it to 2.2....  Right now, I believe this should be one
> of the headliner features for a 2.4 release in 8-12 months.

To be honest, the 2.2 backport stuff is something I mentioned
as "maybe even" so I'm not +1 or -1 about it. Certainly not something
that should sidetrack the "merge to trunk" discussion.