httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: Vote for mod_mbox 0.2 release
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2005 00:22:17 GMT
On Wednesday 21 December 2005 22:16, Maxime Petazzoni wrote:

> Of course, since this tag is currently running like a charm on Ajax,
> my vote is +1 for GA.

-1 to GA

Working nicely for us on Ajax is a long way from GA.  Until it's been released
and we have a decent amount of third-party feedback - which will highlight
what happens when it goes onto other peoples setups - we're at testing.

Anyone running it now is by definition someone who has gone to the trouble
of finding it in svn and building it manually.  Such users are untypical of
"normal" end-users, and won't show up real-life problems.

That's why we have alpha and beta release cycles.  If other devs are using
it and find it stable, that could make a decent case for going straight to
beta.  But not GA.

--
Nick Kew