httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: AW: AW: 2.2 mod_http_proxy and "partial" pages
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2005 08:18:34 GMT
On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 10:12:57PM +0100, Ruediger Pluem wrote:
> I think we have to simulate to the client what happened to us on the backend:
> A broken connection.

I mostly agree.

However, Roy's veto is predicated on us not doing anything that would cause
a hypothetical (*duck*) Waka protocol filter from having the underlying
connection closed.  The point Roy's made is that Waka will have a 'response
abort' indicator.  HTTP/1.1 doesn't - therefore, we should abort the
connection for HTTP/1.1.

So, to respect that -1, we need to keep that in mind that we only force the
dropped connection somehow within the HTTP/1.1 logic.  Or, have a clear
path for a Waka filter chain to not drop the connection - by seeing the
error bucket and morphing it into a Waka 'response abort' bucket.  -- justin