httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: A mod_mbox release ?
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2005 08:10:17 GMT
On Sun, Dec 11, 2005 at 08:06:54PM -0800, Sander Temme wrote:
> Good idea: releasing the code in packaged form should encourage its use.
>
> The main aspect of Release Management is (all IMHO of course) making
> an informed judgement of whether the current code base is "good
> enough" to release. This includes data points like:

mod_mbox has never been formally released as we've never had three
committers interested.

I'd prefer we just take whatever we have now, try to get some feedback
(perhaps announce it on announce@httpd, but I don't know), and then see
where it goes from there.  If folks contribute the finer points, cool.
Otherwise, well, it'll be packaged so that it'll slightly ease the barriers
to adoption compared to where we are now.

Anyhow, a big +1 for a release here.  I will definitely test any releases
that are posted.  =)  -- justin