httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Problems with SSL environment variable SSL_CLIENT_CERT as http header
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2005 20:57:37 GMT
On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 08:17:53PM +0100, Christian Folini wrote:
> I am configuring apache 2.0.54 as a revproxy that handles
> authentication based on client certificates.
> Now my customer running the backend application requests to see
> the client certificates as a whole.

With 2.2.0 it is possible to forward the SSL_CLIENT_CERT variable from
the proxy to the backend using mod_headers, e.g:

  Header set X-SSL-Client-Cert %{SSL_CLIENT_CERT}s

but this cannot preserve the PEM format of the SSL_CLIENT_CERT variable
precisely, so the backend will have to expect and cope with whitespace
changes appropriately.

Regards,

joe