httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: 2.2 mod_http_proxy and "partial" pages
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2005 17:19:51 GMT
On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 12:10:44PM -0500, Brian Akins wrote:
> Since I do not use the "stock" mod_cache, I cannot really test it.
> However, I can try to get together a patch that changes r->status in
> these cases.  Is that acceptable?  Will this screw up proxy_balancer or
> is it out of the picture by this point?

Modifying r->status is not an option.  The right thing to do if there is a
backend error reading the response from upstream is for mod_proxy to return
an error as the handler.  Then, mod_cache's error handling code should come
into play and that should trigger the data file never being put into the
correct place.

The code around mod_proxy_http.c:1550 appears to be bogus.  -- justin