httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r354108 - /httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x/STATUS
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 18:41:32 GMT
On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 11:58:15AM -0600, William Rowe wrote:
> jorton@apache.org wrote:
>
> >+    * core: Stop stripping C-L from HEAD responses which prevents use
> >+      of Windows Update through mod_proxy amongst other things.
> >+        http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi?rev=327008&view=rev
> >+      PR: 18757
> >+      +1: jorton
>
> -1 veto not vote if T-E is present.
>
> But the obvious tangle becomes - do we return T-E chunked - and is that
> a valid header as a HEAD response with no body?
>
> If this is a bug in Windows Update, then one can always set http10 rules
> for that url (and even provide it as an example in the default conf ;-)

Can you demonstrate a request/response sequence which is now processed
incorrectly after applying this change, so I can understand what you're
talking about?

(applying http10 makes no difference to the proxy case, the bug is that
httpd is stripping the C-L response header sent by the origin server)

joe