httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ondrej Sury <>
Subject RE: Code update to handle apache dynamic configuration updates to httpd.conf.
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2005 08:18:09 GMT
On Wed, 2005-12-21 at 11:02 +0530, wrote:
> But the requirement for my project itself is to be able to update the
> configuration (update SSL certificates/key of a virtual host) dynamically
> without apache restart.

Then you need to fix requirements for your project and not apache.
24/7 HTTP uptime can be achieved by high-availability projects like LVS
(Linux Virtual Server) or other load balancer systems.

You can also use some load-balanced hardware SSL accelerator where it
would be possible to upload new certificates without restart (just

Trying to push square block through round hole simply doesn't work, use
KISS principle (Keep It Simple, Stupid).

Ondrej Sury <>

View raw message