httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r354141 - /httpd/httpd/branches/authz-dev/modules/aaa/mod_auth.h
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 19:37:33 GMT
--On December 5, 2005 7:31:26 PM +0000 bnicholes@apache.org wrote:

> Still need AUTHZ_DECLINED for now,  The converted mod_authz_user is
> referencing it

I think those references should be switched to AUTHZ_DENIED.

AUTHZ_DECLINED has no purpose in a provider scheme, IMHO.  Declined is
saying, "Um, doofus, you shouldn't have called me as I can't do anything
with this."  With the explicit providers, we should be able to prevent that.

For the specific cases with mod_authz_user, since the invoker has the
method_mask, it can do the check before invocation of the provider - hence,
we can abstract that away from the providers themselves.  I'd prefer the
providers not to even know about the method mask.  -- justin