httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Francis ANDRE" <francis.an...@easynet.fr>
Subject Re: Directions for Win32 binary httpd
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2005 08:35:09 GMT
> His further dismissal of beginning at APR leads me to suspect that he's
> never actually built httpd, or in the process, never noted that APR is
> the first, most fundemental dependency.  If APR is not built using ant,
> all further discussion on this list is rather pointless, no?

Thanks Bill...     but I have noticed this first dependency since APR IS NOT
delivered with httpd (at least with CVS). One have to
checkout ap, apr-util and apr-iconv in the httpd/srclib directory...

Anyway, I give up with ant as a building tool since no one understand that
autoconf/configure is only Linux,BSD or whatever Unix dependent...

How are you dealing with system/compiler dependencies on WXP, OS/400, VMS,
0S/390, Bull GCOS and any non Unix OS???
If you want a building process based on platform/compiler/OS dependencies
without Java/Ant and without autoconf, look also at www.boost.org, they are
doing quite well!!

None are using autoconf which needs m4 which needs .....

Francis