httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian J. France" <l...@firehawksystems.com>
Subject Re: mod_smtpd changes
Date Sat, 31 Dec 2005 18:47:44 GMT
On Dec 31, 2005, at 1:23 PM, Rian Hunter wrote:
> Any comments, ideas and criticisms are highly welcomed! Thanks!

Any changes on how recipients and queue/deliver is handled?

I started implementing my proposal from a while back and got stuck on
how to handle errors.  If a transaction has multiple valid recipients
and each one is handle by different queue modules, but only one of
queue modules returned a failed, is the whole thing a failure or
should the other messages be delivered and what should be returned
for a status for the DATA command?

I am thinking that if all recipients are valid and can be handle by a
queue module then DATA will always return OK/200 what ever success
is.  If a queue module then finds an error happens while trying to
really deliver the message, a bounce need to be generated.  This
means we should have a common way to generate a bounce message
instead of having every module come up with its own.

Brian