httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric B." <>
Subject Problem with mod_proxy and ProxyPassReverse
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2005 00:08:30 GMT

I'm struggling to get Apache to work properly as a Proxy to an internal
server.  I have two copies of the same application running on this internal
server (both ASP applications running on IIS) that I need to access via
different URLs.  I have managed to configure on and got it working without
problems, but it is the second one that is causing me the problem.

Here is my config file
<VirtualHost *:80>
   DocumentRoot "/var/www/html/"

# Production Server
<Location /ASPTest/>
        ProxyPassReverse /
        ProxyPass               /ASPTest/

# Development & Test Server
<Location /dev/ASPTest/>
        ProxyPassReverse /
        ProxyPass               /dev/ASPTest/

The ASP application's default.aspx page has a button that redirects the user
to intro.aspx
( Response.Redirect("intro.aspx") )

Now, accessing the server as works without problems.
I see the application running on properly.  When I click the
submit button on the default.aspx page, I get redirected to  And so on.  This applications
works perfectly well.

However, when I try to access, I run into
problems.  The default page loads fine and shows me default.aspx from port
8080.  However, when I click the submit button on it, I get redirected to
the same page as the non-development one -  So from that point on, I am no
longer working with the development code and back to the live production

I tried to use ProxyPassReverse without the <Location> headers, but it
doesn't work at all as soon as it receives the Response.Redirect() code.

Can anyone point me in the right direction here?  Why is my redirect from
/dev/ASPTest/ getting redirected to /ASPTest/ instead?

View raw message