httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Smedley" <pau...@smedleydot.info>
Subject Re: Building Apache 2.0.55
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2005 08:39:10 GMT
HI Jeff,

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 11:51:26 UTC, Jeff Trawick <trawick@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 11/10/05, Paul Smedley <paulat@smedleydot.info> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> > I'm trying to get Apache2 2.0.55 building and running on OS/2 using
> > GCC 3.3.5.  There's a current build of Apache using GCC 2.8.1 but that
> > GCC is getting a bit long in the tooth so I'd like to update things :)
> >
> > Anyway,  I have it building ok - using the unix network_io and poll
> > code instead of the OS/2 code as GCC 3.3.5 on OS/2 provides a much
> > more unix like behaviour.
>
> > [Thu Nov 10 19:51:18 2005] [error] (38)Socket operation on non-socket:
> > apr_accept
>
> apparently it doesn't provide as much as is necessary...  does it
> still work with the OS/2 networking?  do APR test programs work better
> or worse with the unix networking implementation?
>
> you are essentially deciding to be an APR developer by switching the
> networking implementation to something that nobody else has used
> before
>
> (APR questions to dev@apr.apache.org)
Yeah I did try the OS/2 networking implementation first and it shows
in error_log:
(OS 10047)Address family not supported by protocol family: make_sock:
could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:81
[Fri Nov 11 17:46:47 2005] [alert] no listening sockets available,
shutting down

and there's no output to screen.

--
Cheers,