httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: Suggest renaming mod_authz_host to mod_access_host
Date Sat, 26 Nov 2005 07:11:48 GMT
--On November 25, 2005 1:08:12 PM +0000 Max Bowsher <maxb1@ukf.net> wrote:

> Is is really appropriate to lock in an inaccurate and confusing module
> name for the entire 2.2.x era, just to avoid another beta/RC ?

Good grief.  mod_authz_host is *far* more accurate and less confusing than
mod_access.

Once again, I'm against renaming this module.  If we do the authz rewrite we
have discussed on the list recently (the last time this rename was brought
up), it really *will* be mod_authz_host and we'd have flipped the module name
for no reason.

Again, for those who don't actually read the mailing list and just randomly
post stuff, the rewrite we discussed on list would combine the access_checker
and auth_checker hook into one hook - which is how authorization should be
partitioned anyhow.  -- justin