httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Lindström <ant...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 2.1.10 as GA
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2005 12:59:11 GMT
> On Tuesday 22 November 2005 04:05, Andreas Lindström wrote:
> > I dont really have anything to do with voting and such, i just thought
> > id raise a point about how the configure system works atm. If you
> > happen to have an APR installed in your system already you cant force
> > the source tree for APR to be built using --with-apr and
> > --with-apr-util (verified with a 1.2 installed, not sure about <
> > 1.2.), i ran into this when building trunk for testing last time.
>
> Isn't this what Colm already pointed out about the problem of
> building it if you have APR version 1.0 or 1.1 installed?
> But if you already had 1.2, why was that a problem?

Looks like it, guess i was in denial when i wrote that... And, it was
a problem because i wanted to build the APR and APR-Util from trunk.
:)

> You're right of course: we shouldn't go GA with a build that's
> going to confuse the hell out of some users.

*nod* Im used to building stuff... and it took me an hour plus several
questions in httpd-dev channel before i finally considered it broken
and made the fast hack. :)

Im dang worthless with configure scripts or i wouldve already made a fix.

/ Andreas