httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: httpd-2.1.7 Connection-pooling Problem w/ ReverseProxy, Loadbalancer
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2005 19:38:50 GMT

On Nov 29, 2005, at 4:55 PM, Ruediger Pluem wrote:

> On 11/29/2005 04:12 PM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>> Can you try HEAD on httpd-trunk for a fix until something
>> more robust as far as the connections are implemented...
>>

> Just for convenience:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs?rev=349723&view=rev
>
> Has someone found out out why we close the connection if
> r->proxyreq == PROXYREQ_PROXY || r->proxyreq == PROXYREQ_REVERSE?
>
> I fear that this is something that has survived from 2.0.x.
> I am also wondering why mod_proxy_http is storing the connection
> in the module config. Is this something from 2.0.x days where we
> had no connection
> pool or is it a security problem to share one keepalive http
> backend connections across
> different client connections and vice versa?

Doubtful, since this aspect of the code didn't exist
in 2.0. IIRC, it had to do with some aspects of
pooling and threads, but it's been awhile since it
was folded in. Likely it has to do with AJPs connection
pool, but that's a wag.

Anyway, I'm likely going to rework that area a bit and move
some things around to try to optimize the flow a bit...