httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Pane <bri...@apache.org>
Subject Request for comments on ap_read_request refactoring Re: svn commit: r349348 - in /httpd/httpd/branches/async-read-dev: include/httpd.h server/protocol.c
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 22:11:16 GMT
brianp@apache.org wrote:

>Author: brianp
>Date: Sun Nov 27 18:56:47 2005
>New Revision: 349348

>Log:
>More refactoring of ap_read_request() in preparation for
>nonblocking read support.
>
>WARNING: The code for handlng requests that exceed the field-length
>or number-of-fields limits isn't complete in this commit.
>
>Modified:
>    httpd/httpd/branches/async-read-dev/include/httpd.h
>    httpd/httpd/branches/async-read-dev/server/protocol.c

I probably won't have time to do my next iteration of work on this
until the weekend.  In the meantime, if anybody has an opportunity
to review the code, I'd appreciate any and all feedback on it.  (Note
that the new code is only available on the async-read-dev branch.)

My remaining plans for the async reads are:
- Clean up the error-case handling
- Add an ap_read_async_request() that invokes the new
  request-reading code in a nonblocking manner
- Modify ap_process_async_request() to use
  ap_read_async_request(), meaning that async MPMs
  will need to support read completion
- Add read completion support to the event MPM
- Port the changes back into the 2.3 trunk

Brian