httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Akins <brian.ak...@turner.com>
Subject Re: OT: performance FUD
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 20:15:05 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> Most high-traffic sites keep their details under wraps.  If you are
> willing to have some information made public (i.e. how much traffic you
> do, how many servers, etc.), I'm sure we could post a page on our
> website towards that end.

Would this be a worthwhile ApacheCon topic? (I'm already angling to get
a speakers spot for next year.)  We do some interesting things here :)
For the time being, for a web page, I could discuss some performance
metrics we use. The amount of traffic we get is basically public
knowledge (we have press releases from time to time).  I'm sure I could
talk/write in generalities, but not we use X servers.  But I can
certainly report some general benchmark numbers.

Does that make any sense?

--
Brian Akins
Lead Systems Engineer