httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Akins <bak...@web.turner.com>
Subject OT: performance FUD
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 19:50:19 GMT
This is probably way off topic for this list.  I was searching for
something related to php this morning (I know, I know... But some people
here need php) and the majority of the google hits where FUD sites.
Most of them generally say "Apache is bloated and slow, you should use
X."  I know we have several people on this list who run Apache on very
high traffic sites.  While we cannot answer every single piece of FUD
out there, do we need a general page to answer some of them.  Maybe
"testimonials" or something.  I know, with my config, I can easily
saturate multiple gig interfaces and have a rather full feature
installation.

Thoughts?

--
Brian Akins