httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: proposed authz rewrite (was:Re: Suggest renaming mod_authz_host to mod_access_host)
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2005 17:01:09 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 08:33:14AM -0700, Brad Nicholes wrote:
>
>>other AuthXXXProvider that may come along in the future.  Does anybody
>>see a need to keep AuthType around at all under the new authentication
>>architecture?

You need to be able to specify Basic or Digest, no?

I'm wondering if it doesn't make sense to have two different 'hooks', one
for basic, one for digest.  Most providers would implement basic.  Some who
can handle digests could implement digest.  Then the authn store could be
independent of protocol.

Some, such as auth_pam, clearly couldn't support digest, but others (I can
even envision a ldap solution) which the server can query for a hash key,
could.

Bill