httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Brad Nicholes" <bnicho...@novell.com>
Subject proposed authz rewrite (was:Re: Suggest renaming mod_authz_host to mod_access_host)
Date Sat, 26 Nov 2005 17:56:23 GMT
>>> justin@erenkrantz.com  >>>
>--On November 25, 2005 1:08:12 PM +0000 Max Bowsher <maxb1@ukf.net>
wrote:

>Once again, I'm against renaming this module.  If we do the authz
rewrite we
>have discussed on the list recently (the last time this rename was
brought
>up), it really *will* be mod_authz_host and we'd have flipped the
module name
>for no reason.

   Speaking of authz rewrite, currently the directives 'authtype',
'authname' and 'require' are all implemented in the core module.  This
just doesn't seem like the right place for them so I am considering
moving the directives to mod_authz_host.  This will also facilitate the
conversion of the 'require' directive into a provider vector for
authorization which is the next step.  Unfortuately the values for these
directives are stored in the core module struct and are still tied into
core.  So the first stage will probably just leave the values there
until they can be cleanly broken out when 'satisfy' is also reworked.

comments?

Brad