httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Brad Nicholes" <bnicho...@novell.com>
Subject Re: Suggest renaming mod_authz_host to mod_access_host
Date Sat, 26 Nov 2005 17:40:14 GMT
>>> maxb1@ukf.net  >>>
>
>Isn't it kind of weird and very premature to change the name of a
module
>in 2.2, when the rewrite will not occur until 2.4?
>
>Letting 2.2 go out with the name mod_authz_host, would effectively be
>flipping the name from the well-established 1.3/2.0 mod_access for a
>reason which has not yet occurred.

But what you aren't taking into consideration is that the authentication
architecture in 2.2 is *not* the same as 1.3/2.0.  We have already made
a significant leap forward and intend to continue that momentum in
2.3/2.4.  I see no reason to move backwards.  There is still more work
to be done here which includes the authz portion of this whole thing.
So instead of insisting that we move back to 2.0, lets move forward to
2.4.

Brad