httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: mod_dav and EBCDIC
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2005 20:07:36 GMT
Joe Orton wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 20, 2005 at 09:53:50AM -0500, Jeff Trawick wrote:
>
>>On input path, ap_xml_parse_input() handles converting xml to native
>>charset (at least in 2.2).  On output, there is no provision for
>>converting xml in responses.

Yes there is, it's the explicit or implicit charset definition of the
xml format.  If mod_dav, or others, are generating EBCDIC xml without
the proper charset tags (if such a thing were even possible to decode)
then I'd think this is a much deeper problem in the modules creating
the xml, not the httpd core.  I understand all xml is iso-8859-1 until
informed otherwise.

How can the xml parser or xml apps do anything with alternate explicit
charsets, if the core/filters switch the input or output stream to EBCDIC?