httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: 2.1.10-worker core dumps on minotaur
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2005 15:51:17 GMT

Paul Querna wrote:
> Joshua Slive wrote:
>> Interestingly, the
>> core files are all almost exactly the same size (538 MB) which, along
>> with the malloc failure, points strongly to hitting a resource limit
>> someplace.  Any freebsd gurus want to comment?
>
> FreeBSD has a default memory resource limit of 512 mb max per process.
>
> We need to set the MAXDSIZE in the kernel to something higher.  It can
> be compiled this way, or tuned via a sysctl.

But I guess we should really determine why svn is sucking up all that
memory.  If we just increase the memory limit, we risk the whole server
being taken down by this.

I don't really know how to debug svn problems; the request always seems
to be just
REPORT /repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default HTTP/1.1
which doesn't help very much.

Joshua.