httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollu...@p6m7g8.com>
Subject Re: 2.1.10-worker core dumps on minotaur
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2005 03:13:00 GMT
Joshua Slive wrote:

> Paul Querna wrote:
>
>> Joshua Slive wrote:
>>
>>> I've already posted this on infrastructure@, but I thought I should
>>> mention it here as well because it might have an effect on the release
>>> decision.  We have at least 3 core dumps from 2.1.10 on minotaur.  They
>>> are in /x1/coredumps, but none seem debuggable.  This might have to do
>>> with them getting truncated writing to a full filesystem, but we won't
>>> know until we get another one.
>>>
>>> It is important to note that this is the first time we've run worker on
>>> minotaur (freebsd).  So it may still be a freebsd threading issue.  I
>>> don't know.
Also following on infra@, an obvious point, but if you switched from prefork to worker, you
need
to make sure you link against libpthread.so and not libc_r.so on freebsd 5.3+

See the /etc/libmap.conf file.

cat /etc/libmap.conf
libc_r.so.5     libpthread.so.1
libc_r.so       libpthread.so

or the freebsd specific gcc option -pthread I believe.

"Love is not the one you can picture yourself marrying,
but the one you can't picture the rest of your life without."