httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: SSL enabled -> nokeepalive in MSIE for non-SSL connections
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2005 14:38:16 GMT

Olaf van der Spek wrote:
> On 11/22/05, Joshua Slive <joshua@slive.ca> wrote:
>>> Why is that needed?
>>> Wouldn't changing the default configuration not affect existing sites
>>> as those keep their existing configuration?
>> Yes.  But I still have not seen a very clear statement that this
>> configuration is no longer needed in general.  That's what I am looking
>> for: evidence that MSIE works properly on large sites without this present.
>
> But how do you expect to gather this evidence (without changing the
> default config)?

Huh?  Are you saying that the only available testing ground is
unsuspecting admins installing the server for the first time?  These are
the worst people to be doing this testing, and they are the reason we
try not to change the default config lightly.

This evidence should come from existing experienced admins who either
have already optimized their BrowserMatch settings based on experience,
or who are willing to do some testing.  People like Marc, for example.

Joshua.