httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Small cleanup in "/modules/mappers/mod_negotiation.c", in function get_body
Date Sun, 20 Nov 2005 10:00:45 GMT

On 11/19/2005 10:20 PM, Nick Kew wrote:
> On Saturday 19 November 2005 21:03, Ruediger Pluem wrote:
>
>>Thanks. Committed to trunk as r345686
>>(http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi?rev=345686&view=rev).
>

> Fine.  But do such trivial changes - or indeed anything that has no effect
> on functionality - really belong in CHANGES?  The repository documents
> all changes, but the CHANGES file itself is going to get totally unreadable
> if we put that kind of thing in.

I was also in daubt of putting it in the CHANGES. But I found the following entry
which seemed to be similar trivial:

  *) Fix typo in ProxyStatus syntax error message.
     [Christophe Jaillet <christophe.jaillet wanadoo.fr>]

If there is consensus that such trivial CHANGES should not be added (which I would
also tend to with the reasons you mentioned), then I will happily remove the CHANGE
log entry. So another comment please!

Regards

RĂ¼diger