httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brandon Fosdick <b...@bfoz.net>
Subject Re: gratuitous call to create_server_config?
Date Sun, 20 Nov 2005 03:36:13 GMT
Joost de Heer wrote:
> There's a 'master process' and one child. Just the way you configured
> the thing. So seeing 2 processes is normal.

Assuming that the master process is responsible for the empty server config, I've set it to
log an error for every attempt to create an empty server config. If I understand this correctly,
I should only get one such log entry for every time I restart the server. However, I'm seeing
many such entries, particularly when transferring a lot of files. At first I thought that
it was due to httpd crashing and auto-restarting, but that doesn't appear to be the case.
So what else could be causing this?