httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Brad Nicholes" <BNICHO...@novell.com>
Subject Re: Policies on binaries?
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2005 22:53:08 GMT
  The NetWare platform still has some hold outs on Apache 1.3 mainly
with those customers that are still running NetWare 5.1 or 6.0 servers.
When those versions of the NetWare server shipped, Apache was a very
nice alternative to the web server that was included and many people
downloaded Apache 1.3 for NetWare, installed it and have never moved off
of it.  Apache 1.3 also serves as the web administration front end for
all NetWare 6.0 servers.  With NetWare 6.5 which shipped almost 2 years
ago, Apache 2.0 was released with it as the primary web server on the
NetWare platform and remains so today.  As customers have upgraded to
NW6.5, most have also upgraded to Apache 2.0.  However given that Apache
1.3 is still in use even though it may not be a very high demand, I
don't think that we can drop it just yet.  In fact with the last release
of 1.3.34 I was a couple weeks late in building and posting the binaries
and heard about it from some of our users on the Novell devnet forums.

Brad

<437E5816.20404@rowe-clan.net>,