httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: Please include mpm-itk into upsteam.
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2005 16:17:00 GMT

Corentin CHARY wrote:
> I read the code, it seems that it kill the process ...

> The configuration is not the main problem ... i know how to do that, but it
> means 2 process per request .... (with prefork, and i need to use prefork
> with php ...).

I haven't tested, but I can almost guarantee that the performance from a
reverse-proxy setup would far exceed the performance from a setup that
needs to fork a new process for every connection.

If I needed to do this myself, I would run a light-weight server under
worker or event as a reverse proxy feeding requests to back-end servers
running prefork.  Given that the back-end is running heavy-weight php
code, the performance would be largely indistinguishable from a direct
setup.  The configuration would be much more complex, of course.

Joshua.