httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Wang <>
Subject Re: Win32 Apache and ldap size limit problem.
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2005 22:36:54 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Andy Wang wrote:
>> I noticed that with OpenLDAP 2.2.x, auth_ldap from apache on windows
>> fails.  The actual error ends up being a invalid size limit on the
>> openldap end of things.
> Please clarify, this is the win32 WLDAP32.dll client to OpenLDAP 2.2
> backend ldap server (e.g. on unix or whatever), ssl/tls is not involved?
I don't know.  I'm a unix guy.  The windows Apache is sorta outside of
my area of expertise (but we have customers and users that insist on
windows).  Is WLDAP32.dll the dll that the Microsoft SDK links against?
If so, then yeah, you've got it right.  OpenLDAP 2.2 backend LDAP server
running on whatever platform, I imagine ssl/tls is irrelevant, as the
size limit parameter should be independent of that.

View raw message